03 January 2012

Happy 2012! Reflecting & Re-energising...

A very happy New Year to you all - we hope that you each had a truly wonderful Christmas, and are feeling re-energised, and ready for the exciting new year ahead. As you can see, Leaff has now reopened.

Some of you may be wondering how I could start this post with such positivity. It is very easy to slip
into the blues at this time of year, I think. With the winter dragging out, and festive play time over -
not to mention the 'terrible financial climate' that everyone likes to talk so much about - the year ahead can feel quite daunting. People feed off this negativity, and I am sure that it just makes things worse than they actually are, so I make no room for this kind of thinking, and you should banish it too.

It is a time to feel excited and motivated by the possibilities of the year ahead; feel strong and determined in where you want to go and what you want to achieve. When you really need a pick me up, you can simply plan your next holiday as a goal to reach. Goals are vital after all, no matter how big or small they are.

Like this cheeky little squirrel - and many of you I am sure - we had our fair share of indulgences over
the festive period. We enjoyed lots of new foods and drinks, got plenty of rest, read lots of great books,
and Leaff-wise, reflected on the last year and the things that we achieved. I like to do this kind of thing on New Years Eve, so that when the clock strikes 12, we can toast to the accomplishments we have made, and look forward to the new ones to come.

Our greedy garden squirrel, who, in James-Bond-style, managed to strategically remove the birds' rather large fat-ball from the feeding house, and maneuver it all the way over to the other side of the decking, where he single handedly destroyed it - as the evidence suggests.




This year brings lots of new things to the table - for Leaff, and personally.

We are excitedly planning and getting ready for the launch our shop this very month. Until then, as you can quite imagine I am sure, I am going to be working very hard to hit this target.

For those of you who have not yet signed up to receive a little nudge when the shop goes live, head on over and sign up now - www.leaffdesign.co.uk/shop

As it is the first week back, my list is extra long this week, so I am not expecting to get another post up until next week now. So, in the meantime, I wish you all a productive week ahead.

If anyone has any tips or advice that they would like to share, for keeping motivated, please share them in comments to this post - let's all help each other to reach our goals.

1 comment:

  1. I have just had a top tip on Twitter from Lolita & Me (www.lolitaandme.com), who says: "my motto is stay motivated by dressing up. Look good, feel good = productive and happy :) " and I couldn't agree more! Putting on a favourite outfit and spending a little extra time in-front of the mirror, always sets me up to tackle a chaotic day at Leaff. Does anyone else get this feeling?

    ReplyDelete

Leave us your thoughts - we love to hear from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...