01 February 2016

Easter Craft Project: Hanging Wooden Eggs // Creative Living


I was really inspired by a little decoration that someone gave to us as a gift a couple of years back, which compelled me to create some Easter decorations of my own this year.

I love colour, and to me, there is no better time to celebrate it than Spring. With Easter just around the corner, this week I got my craft-on and created these fun, vibrant, wooden hanging eggs. Here's how...

Cut them out...


Using a thin wood - we used MDF - cut out your chosen number of eggs and drill a small hole at the top of each one for threading at the end.

Get Messy...


I really enjoyed getting my hands colourful at this point! I chose 3 vibrant shades of wood paint to cover all of the eggs in a base colour. A couple of coats each side was perfect.

Get Creative...


I chose a range of bold acrylic paints to make a dot pattern with the end of a brush. Acrylics were good at leaving a texture because they were thick.

Thread Up...


Lastly, I chose some vibrant thin ribbon to thread them up with, ready for hanging. They could be hung on door handles throughout the house, to add detail to your spring decor - or why not make more of a feature of them? I am thinking branches in a vase, adorned with the eggs, which would create wonderful contrasting colour pops.

It's easy to put off creative personal projects when life is so busy, but I feel really energised by them. Why not embark on your own Easter project?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us your thoughts - we love to hear from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...