20 July 2012

Illustration Inspiration...


One of my current projects has had me reaching into the imagination of my inner child, and nothing reaches it quite like visual inspiration; this collection of beautiful, quirky illustrations has done just that. Each piece really captures the subject of the illustration, from the way it has been executed to the colour combinations used, they each give a real sense of imagination.

'Castle in the Sky', by Charlotte Cooke - charlottecookeillustration.blogspot.co.uk
'The Flock', by Natasha Newton - natasha-newton.co.uk
'Canapy', by Rilla Alexander - byrilla.com
• 'Clown Girl', by Heidi McDonald - heidimmcdonald.blogspot.co.uk
February illustration (Studio on Fire 2010 letterpress calendar), by Cecilie Ellefsen - happymeat.com

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you have featured my clown girl, especially next to such amazing illustrators. "Canapy" is magical !! wow ! as are all these in your illustration inspiration post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Heidi - it was a pleasure to feature you and thank you for being so inspiring! I'm so pleased to hear that you are inspired by the other illustrations too - it is nice to find fellow creatives that you appreciate. 'Canapy' is lovely isn't it - Rilla is excellent, and also created the world of 'Sozi', a character that I'm a massive fan of. Check her out! xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh - am I the 'current project'? Funny, have been thinking about children's illustration today... went to a party last night and met lots of people from Stratford - which is where I used to work at Waterstones running the children's department. Made me think about how I used to be so clued up on all the new authors and illustrators, and now am so very out of the loop. Lovely to see your pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are indeed Charlotte! I'm glad you enjoyed this post. Wow, I can only imagine how much fun that job must have been - I love books, and children's books are so imaginative!

      Delete

Leave us your thoughts - we love to hear from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...